Thursday, May 29, 2014

Quick Trip 5/29/14

I had about an hour this morning to go throw a few casts, so I just went to a local pond and small river to fish from shore.

At the pond, I started out with a Zoom super fluke in the white ice color, and promptly landed a small largemouth.  After surveying the edges, I noticed that there were A LOT of bluegill up shallow as they prepare to spawn, and occasionally a bass would come ripping through the herd.  I switched up to a bluegill flash Keitech swing impact.  I immediately started getting hit, and landed a few more fish, but nothing big.  I also caught 2 more bass on the drop shot.

But the most interesting thing that happened today was this.  I cast out the swim bait, and notice a loop in the reel.  As I'm stripping the line, I notice my line starting to swim away.  As quick as I can, I reel up all the slack and set the hook.  I dragged the small crappie across the top of the water and when I picked up the fish, I noticed that I never even hooked him!  That's a first, and probably a last for me.

I wound up with 7 bass and 2 crappie here in about a half hour.  Nothing big.


I guess he really wanted the Keitech!


I had a few more minutes so I stopped at another old spot and caught one dink largemouth and one okay fish on a jig.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Tweets by @JR_CT_Bass