Tuesday, June 24, 2014

I've found my "Go To" Lake- 6/23/14

On the Water- 5:35 pm - 8:45pm
Air Temperature: 72-64
Water Temperature: 75-78
Water Clarity: Clear
Skies: Partly Cloudy
Wind: 3 - 8 Mph SSE
Barometric Pressure: 30.16 - 30.17"



I arrived at the lake, and wanted to see if my pattern from last Thursday was still intact.  Even though the conditions were extremely different, it was much of the same.  I paddled up to a small lily pad flat with deep water on all sides, and pulled out a quick limit on a pumpkin seed Cobra Bait Deadbolt as well as one on a Keitech swing impact fat.  Nothing was particularly big however.






I moved to find some more lily pads, and submerged grass, and got one more on the deadbolt.  I threw the Keitech around a little bit and after making a "poor" cast, I reeled it in really fast, and much to my surprise, it got nailed by a decent fish!




After a few more fish on the swimbait, the action died a little, so I moved up to a main lake point, and burned the lure across it and got a nice 3 poundish fish.  Once the sun went behind the trees, the fish stopped biting, and the bugs started.  I also forgot my light in the car, so I figured I'd just call it a night.


Long, but rather skinny, fought like hell though!


Here's a stupid video of part of my trip.






                     

On the last 3 trips to this lake, I have totaled 38 bass, including the 12 from last night.  Each trip has included a fish around 3 pounds.  After a few rough trips trying to figure this place out, I think I have it dialed in.  I think it's safe to say, I've knocked off the 3 year old rust.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Tweets by @JR_CT_Bass