Wednesday, July 30, 2014

New Format

As some of you may or may not know, my goal, if the stars align, is to acquire a boat over the winter, and begin some tournament fishing starting next spring, nothing major, just a local bass club, and take it from there.  Having spent the majority of my fishing tenure fishing from shore, I have been extremely limited as to the bodies of water I was able to fish.  Now, having the kayak, my options are much greater, although, still limited, but I will touch on that later.  In preparation for next year, I have been trying to cover a lot of water, and a lot of new lakes, but I came to the realization, that I was going about it all wrong.

All year, I have been going to a lake, fishing it once, then moving on to a different lake, then another one, and so on, and once I have exhausted the local options, I would return to one of the lakes I felt had potential, or I had good results the first time.  Being that this is New England, the weather can change drastically over the course of  weeks, days, hours or minutes.  Every time I would return to a lake, I would first look for the same pattern that had formed on the previous venture.  Sometimes it would be there, but most times, it was different.  Leaving me no choice but to start almost from scratch.  I say almost, because having been to a certain lake before, I still have some idea of the lay of the land, so I'm not totally blind going in.  However, trying to figure out a lake in a 3-6 hour time period, kind of causes me to rush, and I wouldn't slow down and dissect some areas as much as I would like to.

What I have decided, is that I will pick a lake for the week.  I generally fish Monday evenings, Wednesday mornings, and Sunday mornings, so Monday and Wednesday will be my "practice" days, to get a feel for how a lake is fishing, and Sunday will be my "game day" if you will.

As of right now,  I will only be fishing small bodies of water to avoid pleasure boaters and weekend tournaments, so that's where I'm still limited in the kayak.  But once Labor Day has passed, and it starts to cool off, expect to see me on some bigger bodies of water.  Now, as for how this is going to impact you (the readers), expect to see one report per week, probably on Sunday evening or Monday morning, and possibly one informational piece mid week.  Rather than inundating your news feeds and twitter feeds with multiple reports from the same body of water, I will compact it down into one detailed report that will cover all 3 trips.  So keep an eye out for the reports.  Be sure to "Like" my Facebook Page, "Follow" me on Twitter and Instagram, and Subcribe to my Youtube Channel, you can find all my blog posts, as well as a few other tidbits, on all these forms of social media.  I will also be posting on the Facebook group Fishing CT, so if you are not yet a member, make sure and join up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tweets by @JR_CT_Bass